How to Throw the Perfect KY Barbecue!
We still have two months of summer left, so why not throw a barbecue? But not just any barbecue... a Kentucky-themed barbecue. Here are some of our favorite finds to help you throw the perfect soiree!
1. Require your guests to wear Ky garb! What better place to get Ky apparel than Shop Local Kentucky on Woodland Avenue in Lexington KY? They carry all the latest trends in Kentucky fashion. And here is a fun idea: Hold a contest for best Ky dressed and give the winner a KY hat.
2. Why cook when someone else can? Everyone does the traditional hamburgers and hotdogs, so how about some down home, Southern BBQ for your Ky- themed party made by the best in Lexington, Lyles BBQ! Located on Clays Mills Road and now in Fayette Mall, you can get everything you need from pulled pork to beef brisket, Granny Smith Slaw, Cowboy Cavier, Smoked Mac and Cheese, Potato Salad, Banana Pudding and more. They deliver or you can pick up your order but either way your guests' bellies will be thanking you.
3. What’s a barbecue without cocktails? Create a cocktail bar complete with Kentucky Proud spirits for your guests to make their own Bluegrass-inspired drink! Located in Danville KY, Wilderness Trail Distillery has everything you need from Bottled in Bond Bourbon, to their award-winning Blue Heron Vodka, to their Sweet Sorghum Molasses Rum. Their very much sought after, 4-year-old, single barrel, wheated bourbon, is 100 proof and tastes delicious! And they are also about to release their rye bourbon in the upcoming months, so be on the lookout for that as well as it will go fast. Wilderness Trail Distillery products are sold in most liquor stores around Lexington, including Kroger's, Liquor Barn, Hops2Go and more.... so, pick up your bottles today!
4. But don’t stop with the Proud KY spirits. Serve the cocktails in stunning Ky glasses with adorable little Ky shaped ice cubes from our friends at Sweet Mash Southern Goods located in Lawrenceburg KY. They also have Ky inspired decor to dress up your picnic table, and every party must provide a party favor so give your guests these Charred Oak Candles, exclusively sold by Sweet Mash and also their best seller. Smells just like the inside of an Charred Oak barrel. Don't believe us? Try it for yourself. Your guests will love them!
5. Parties needs games... but not everyone has them. Bryant’s Rent-All in Lexington is your one-stop shop for all your Kentucky outdoor party needs. From Kentucky corn hole to traditional horseshoes to a horse farm fence perfect for all those selfie takers, all your guests will be entertained.
6. Last but not least, no barbecue is complete without S’mores which is exactly why you need to pick up this Kentucky Fire Pit from Barnhill Chimney in Lexington. Made from heavy-duty steel, this Kentucky Fire Pit is the perfect addition to complete your Old Kentucky Home. The flames will shine brightly through your Kentucky Fire Pit dazzling your guests, and the best thing is it’s a product you can use once those cold winter nights arrive.