As some of you may know, the Buds have been on the hunt for a new producer for our show Brunch with the Buds! It has been a slow and steady transition to our new radio home at Kiss 96.9, but we are finally settling in! In this week's episode, we get to know Curtis Scifres, a 32 year-old native from Campbellsville, Ky who charmed us right into the open position. During our non-conventional interview we learned some interesting facts! Here are the top 10!
1. Curtis is a big time University of Kentucky fan. It's a good thing because we need a third for the John Wall dance during tourney time.
2. He is a server with Malone's which also so happens to be one of our favorite restaurants! Coincidence? I think not!
3. He is a video game junkie who started a business called Cosmic Arcade which hosts video game tournaments in Lexington. And the best part is, he owns an ATARI!! Bonus points!
4. He likes to call us ma'am but only because he has good manners. (We will have to break this kind habit of his because it's really not applicable to us at our age. Just saying.)
5. He has a long-time girlfriend, beautiful little daughter, and a new house. Life is good for Curtis. Maybe one day, Tam and I will be groomsmen.
6. He's a germaphobe. Like big time. Ha, won't this be fun!
7. It's his dream to work for the Buds... I mean radio.
8. He used to be in a rock band and has an amazing voice - so he says. He wouldn't demonstrate for us, but we he claimed to have made a record. (Hmmmm, can't wait to play this on air. Shhhhh! It's a surprise.)
9. He is besties with our former producer Garrett Gabeheart and we really had no idea when we met him. We literally found out on our show in the interview process. Talk about kismet!
10. His favorite Kentucky food is fried chicken and he likes a good bourbon on occasion. A verified Kentucky boy, indeed!
There you have it! Welcome Curtis to his his new role, and to hear his entire interview, check it out here!