"Kentucky Love" Must-Have's for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and we have discovered five really awesome "Kentucky Love" gifts that will surely put a smile on your loved one's face! So let's begin!
1. Every woman loves jewelry, so you must purchase this beautiful red enamel, hand-crafted necklace made by renowned local artist, Dennis Meade. Embedded in gold and silver leaf, the stunning pendant measures 26.5mm and 3mm thick and the best part is, the backside can be personalized with a message. I've seen this necklace in person and the picture does not do it justice. The shape of the heart was inspired by the opening credits of the "I Love Lucy" show and just like the classic TV program, it will last for years to come. In fact, it makes for a great family heirloom. Each pendant is handmade so orders must be placed quickly to pick yours up in time for Valentine's Day. The cost is $350 and let me tell you, it's worth every penny. Contact L.V. Harkness today to order. For more information about Dennis Meade and his artwork, click here.
2. Sometimes it can be hard to find just the right gift for your man. Let us help by suggesting a custom-made bourbon barrel head for his office or man cave. These barrel heads are so popular right now, but don't settle for a cheap knockoff that's stenciled. Tinker's Wood Products will hand burn his favorite sports team logo, significant date, or mantra to create a lasting decorative piece. Prices start at $80. The best part is it's done by local artist, Mike Bell, from Georgetown, Kentucky.
3. Instead of taking your significant other out to a local chain restaurant, sign up for a night on the My Old Kentucky Home Dinner Train. Departing from Bardstown, KY, you will take off on an elaborate adventure, viewing the beautiful countryside while you eat a gourmet dinner over candlelight. What could be more romantic? Menus include everything from prime rib to apple dumplings, and additional items such as flowers and chocolates can be added to your table to make for the perfect experience. Looking to get engaged? This would make an outstanding option. Just saying. (And, btw if you do, send us a pic!) My Old Kentucky Dinner Train has special evenings reserved for Valentine's Day so don't wait to book as it will sell out fast. But remember, love can be celebrated any day of the week, so don't rule out booking your ride on another night. Last, but not least, for all those who don't have a date, take your bff. Tam and I are taking our first ride in February. We can't wait! To book your seats today, click here.
4. Here is a really cool idea. Bring your love to life! Abigail e Photography captures real and intimate emotions in the comfort of your own home, "creating forever memories while having a heck of a lot of fun!" On Sunday, February 10th, Abigail is offering 45-minute sessions for those looking for that one-of-a-kind personalized Valentine's Day gift. You will receive 30-40 edited images on an online gallery with print release for only $150! To see a sample of her work, click here. And one more thing to consider, this is not just for couples. This is a perfect gift for kids, families, bff's, etc... but you better order fast! Sign up here today and tell Abigail the Buds sent you!
5. Having a nice, quiet dinner at home for Valentine's Day? If so, don't forget the wine! But not just any wine will do. Choose from one of Harkness Edwards Vineyards' wines.
Make the wine part of the present by giving that special someone a membership to the Harkness Edwards Wine Club and enjoy a regular shipment of wine throughout the year. Membership also includes complimentary tastings and VIP treatment at their tasting room, and many other perks. They have four different packages to choose from all providing great products and services for your wine lover. Check them out online at www.harknessedwardsvineyards.com. You can also find their wine at local Kroger and Liquor Barn locations. For a complete list of other retail outlets, click here.
6. To be sure, nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolate, and in Kentucky we like our chocolate with a dash of bourbon. These delicious, handcrafted bourbon candies are surrounded by a fine semisweet chocolate and topped with a fresh pecan! It is a Kentucky Proud product made with only the finest ingredients and no preservatives. Their bourbon comes from the Bluegrass region, and they source their pecans from an orchard located in Western Kentucky.
This Valentine's Day say, "I love you" with Bourbon Bonbons!
Product also available in the Lexington Whole Foods Market and Liquor Barn stores.
For Valentine's Day pricing, they offer a 12-piece box for $26 and a 4-pack for $10, including heart cellophane packaging and free local delivery.