Fun Fitness Gadgets for 2019
Updated: Sep 11, 2019
It’s that time of year again, time to make those New Year’s Resolutions. And if you are like most people who make them, getting fit will top your list of resolutions. It’s not easy and most people will give up on this goal by February, but to increase your likelihood of success, here are some fun gadgets that you can pick up to help keep you on the right path.
1) Headphones – I have the PowerBeats Wireless by Bose, and although they are a bit pricey ($199.95), they deliver premium sound and 12 hours of battery life. A cheaper option are the Jlab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Earbuds ($49.00, Amazon). They have no cord to get tangled and come in a charging case so you will never be without your tunes. So go ahead and turn up the theme song to “Rocky” and find some stairs to conquer!
2) Resistance Bands – Due to a hip issue a couple of years ago, I was forced into doing some physical therapy where I discovered the joy and pain of resistance bands. For people on the go, these magic bands are the perfect lightweight tool to throw in your bag. You can pull them out and exercise in a hotel room or your office. Trust me, you will feel the burn. Try these Tone It Up Booty Bands from Target for only $10.00.
3) Hula Hoop – What’s old is new again when it comes to fitness. Remember how fun it was to grab a hula hoop and compete with your friends to see who could keep it going the longest? These weighted hula hoops will bring back all the fun and whittle that waistline. ($24.98, Amazon)
4) Ball – Another fun toy from our youth that can now be used to do all kinds of great stuff for your bod is a stability ball. One of my all-time favorite group exercises classes I’ve taken is a yoga class that utilized the stability ball. There’s just something about rolling around on a ball that brings out the kid in me. It’s also a great way to work on your core. Some people even use a stability ball as their office chair. If you’re not brave enough to be seen by your coworkers rolling around on a giant ball, try this seat cushion from Gaiam that provides the same benefits. (Balance Disc Wobble Cushion Stability Core Trainer $17.59, Amazon).
5) Mirror Fitness Trainer – Okay. Game changer. I saw this on the Today show and was completely mesmerized. This is the future, y’all. It’s a mirror that hangs on the wall, just like any other, but at the touch of a button, it becomes a personal trainer that will walk you through a great workout right from the comfort of your own home. If you have deep pockets (Retails for $1495), this is a definite must-have.
These fun items will help keep you motivated, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to make those small lifestyle changes that over the course of this year will add up in changing how you look and feel. Now, get out there and make it happen!