Father's Day Gift Ideas from the Buds
Tam and I agree that most dads are so hard to buy for which is why we made it our quest to look for something different for fathers this year. Take a look below at what we shared on Midday Kentucky this week.
1. Floyd's 99 Barbershop - We sometimes forget that dads need pampering, too, which is why we recommend Floyd's, a brand new, unique hot spot in Lexington tailored for men. It's an old school barber shop with a new wave feel, meaning it's a place where men can get their hair cut and a traditional straight-razor shave, but in an awesome rock-and-roll- inspired atmosphere complete with a garage door wall that opens up to let the fresh air in and classic rock playing throughout. But that's not all. The best part is they offer additional services such as their signature massage shampoo, beard trims, and hair coloring. Included with every service is a shoulder massage. How cool is that? In addition, they also sell Floyd's grooming products, our favorite being the Refresh Leave-in Conditioner, which you can use to moisturize your hair and skin!! Dad will smell so good! P.S. Don't fret, ladies! Floyd's also services women, which I highly recommend, as the barbershop is full of men clientele!
2. Worn and Company - We want Dad to look his best and to stand out in a crowd! What better place to find cool, eclectic fashion and accessories than Worn & Company located on Winchester Road in Lexington. A shirt from Howler Bros. is a great pick for summer with its vented mesh fabric, and the super soft corduroy shorts will be the pair he reaches for time and again. Pair those pieces with a hand-leathered belt with horse pick closure that's sure to be a conversation piece. And don't forget about a hat and shoes! Did you think Stetson only made cowboy hats? Think again! This fedora-style hat made from hemp is one of the many hats you can find at Worn. They have the largest selection of hats around! Finally, the nubuck shoes by Red Wing will keep Dad from looking less like Homer Simpson and more like Justin Timberlake! And take the time to enjoy pursuing the store; no telling what unusual find you may come across while visiting. On my last visit, I saw a nylon jacket from Bruce Springsteen's 1984 tour. Vintage, new, they have it all!
3. E.F. Meeks Ties, Bowties and Pocket Squares - A popular gift for dad is a tie. But why get him a run-of-the-mill one at a chain store? <Yawn> Let's elevate that normally ho-hum tie to one that's handmade by a local company called E.F. Meeks! These bright and colorful ties and pocket squares will add just the right flair for Dad to sport at Keeneland, the office or those summer weddings that are on the horizon. Even sweeter, get one of the juvenile ties so Junior can match his daddy! Instagram photos in the making! It's easy to see why their tag line is "Where looking good is a family tradition". Mention the phrase "Midday Meeks Fashion" when ordering and save 10%!
4. The Right Choice Mobile Detailing Car Wash - For most men, their car is sacred ground, so why not give your dad the cleanest car around? Instead of waiting in line at the car wash on his day off, however, the Right Choice detailing service will come to your house or place of employment, will clean your dad's car top to bottom, inside and out, and it will look amazing!! In fact, they offer so many services, your dad's car will look like it just rolled off the new car dealership parking lot. But wait, there's more! TRC also services boats, RVs, trailers, etc... so why not get the whole fleet looking brand spanking new! Imagine your dad's smile when he sees his reflection in his pride and joy!
5. Horse and Barrel Tours - Sometimes dads don't want stuff, they want an experience. Go and spend the day with Dad on one of Horse and Barrel's tours. You can visit horse farms, breweries and distilleries. Lunch is included! You will be making memories all while taking in the breathtaking beauty of the Bluegrass. Delve into what makes this part of the country so special and famous throughout the world!