7 Reasons Why KyTasteBuds Love UK Football
Tam and I are having the time of our life this football season. Here are a few reasons why...
1. Meeting cool people. Just check us out with Carrie from Girls Beer Sports and the legendary Rob Bromley sports anchor of WKYT! See how happy we are? You can't fake those smiles! There is nothing more fun than walking around and mingling with new people who have the same passion and love for UK. It's honestly like one big happy family!
2. Friends. As we check out the sites, we always stop by and visit our bffs, Scott, Mel, Bonnie and the gang to get a few laughs and jeers in before the game. Love seeing old high school buddies - even when they make fun of you. In fact, that's the best part! (You know what I am talking about Scott!) We love you guys! See y'all next week!
3. Food. Now, we know this is a no brainer. We are not telling you anything you don't already know but Tam and I have been fortunate enough to obtain Woodford Reserve Club passes two weeks in a row and let me tell you, the food is AMAZING!! From barbecue to burgers, from popcorn to popsicles, we ate our way from one buffet to the other, keeping our bellies full during the entire game. And the staff is so friendly and courteous. I cannot say enough good things about UK hospitality. First class, baby, first class!
4. Tailgate Touring. It's been our mission this season to walk around and take in all of the cool ideas Ky fans bring to Kroger field. We have seen everything from homemade moonshine, to giant Jenga games, to lawnmower style blenders, to even a small bus at the Gary Bussey camp (gotta check it out). Ky fans are creative, original and all out fun to connect with. We got it going on BBN! Even if you don't have tickets to the game, come on out and walk around the sites. It's like going to a festival. You will have a blast.
5. Crowd Cheers. I don't know about you, but I am sure we high-fived at least 12 different strangers yesterday. There is something so communal and bonding about our fans. It's like we are automatically related. All of one blood type - blue. Cheering for the UK cats with thousands of fans? Doesn't get much better than that.
6. The weather! So we know it will soon be chilly and I hate freezing weather, but yesterday was the perfect day. Not too hot, not too cold. Blue skies in a sea of blue. If everyday was like yesterday, I think we'd be in heaven.
7. Winning. This goes without saying but for me, when our football team wins, it just makes my week. We are use to victory after victory on the bball court, but not so much in football. We have become cynical and pessimistic. Last week, I really thought we would win the Florida game. I had faith. But I bet I heard 10 people around me say, these guys aren't going to win; they are going to blow it. And we did. But that is what makes UK football winning so much better for me. To see our guys try week after week, break old patterns, improve fan expectations all at a school where basketball is the focus and the hype - must be hard on these guys. So every time they pull out a "W", I appreciate it that much more. I don't care about the stats or the spread. Just a win. Plain and simple.
I will always love our football team, no matter the score. But heck, let's not forget, we are 4 - 1 #BBN. I am perfectly happy with that.
While we may not win every time, UK football is so much more than a game. It's an experience, folks. An incredible and one-of-a-kind experience. Until, next week!
PS... If you would like KyTasteBuds to pay you a visit, send us a message. We love meeting and connecting with Big Blue Nation fans!