Super Bowl LVI Snack Frenzy
Article and photos by Intern Olivia Harper
The Super Bowl is coming up and what better way to enjoy the game than with some tasty snacks! Whether you are hosting a watch party or enjoying the game from the comfort of your own couch, these recipes are sure to please! If you try them out, snap a pic and tag us on Instagram @kytastebuds.
Football Pizza Bites
Kick off the game with pizza bites baked into the shape of a football! These bites are easy to make, customizable and perfect for a crowd who needs a quick bite. Here is what you will need:
· 2 packs of refrigerated pizza crust
· One jar of pizza sauce
· One bag of mozzarella string cheese sticks
· One pack of pepperoni
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 2 tablespoons melted butter
· Any other toppings you like on your pizza!
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Unwrap your pizza crust and roll it out into a large rectangle. Then cut the dough into two-inch squares.
3. Next, unwrap your mozzarella sticks and cut them into one-inch pieces.
4. Place your one-inch mozzarella stick piece into one of the two-inch squares of cut pizza crust. Pinch the crust around the cheese making sure there is no opening. It should form into a ball. If you wish to add other pizza toppings, add them into the dough balls with the cheese!
5. Repeat the process and form the balls into the shape of a football on a baking sheet.
6. Melt your butter and mix in your garlic powder. Brush the tops of the dough balls with the butter mixture.
7. Cut a few pepperoni pieces in half and arrange them on the dough balls to give the appearance of lines on a football.
8. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for around 13-15 minutes or until the tops of the balls are golden brown.
9. While they are baking, heat up your sauce.
10. Once the pizza football is out of the oven, serve with the side of pizza sauce.
While the game finishes, there is no time to worry about slicing and serving a difficult dessert. Instead, give these cheesecake bites a try and finish watching the game for yourself! This recipe makes around 20 bites. Here is what you will need:
· 16 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
· 2 eggs, room temperature
· ¾ cup granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· One box of vanilla wafers
· One jar pie filling of your choice (If you are rooting for the Rams, I recommend blueberry pie filling. Represent with blue!)
1. Around an hour before you begin baking, set your cream cheese and eggs onto the counter to allow them to reach room temperature. This is important because the room temperature ingredients keep the center of the cheesecakes from falling when they are removed from the oven.
2. Once your ingredients are room temperature, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line your cupcake tray with your cupcake liners. Then, place one vanilla wafer into each liner flat side down.
4. Next, combine the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and mix until smooth.
5. Fill each of the vanilla wafer lined cupcake liners ¾ of the way full with your cream cheese mixture.
6. Bake your cheesecakes for around 13-15 minutes. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the stove top. Once cool, top each of them with around 1 tablespoon of pie filling each. Store the cheesecakes into the pie filling until ready to serve and enjoy!
These recipes are sure to please any crowd. I hope you like them! Olivia